Friday, March 12, 2010

The Shirt Off My Back

I am getting really excited about my big run. I was finally able to complete my 27 mile training run without injury on Saturday (yay!) and am now looking ahead to the big day on March 27 when I will devote the better part of the day completing 32 miles in Forest Park.

Most of this run will be done on the Wildwood trail, a narrow, often muddy trail that winds its way from the far reaches of Forest Park's northern end at Newberry Road all the way to its southern end in Washington Park. I'll then travel down through Washington Park to make up the 1.75 or so miles and end at the Elephant House, triumphant. Or at least standing.

Of course, I couldn’t do any of this without two very important entities: The Forest Park Conservancy who preserve, protect and restore Forest Park’s 5,000 acres for the use and benefit of all who live in and visit Portland and OPB, who provide the sound track for most of my runs. Without Forest Park Conservancy and OPB I would probably be stuck on a treadmill listening to the gym pump a mash up of Avril Lavigne and The Blackeyed Peas into the recycled air, in which case, I doubt my distances would have made it into the double digits.

So, I want to say thanks to them. I’ve come up with this t-shirt design below and will be sporting one during my run on the 27th. If anyone else would like to order one, I’ll be splitting all the proceeds from the shirt between OPB and FPC. Please help me support them support me and pick up a shirt in the process! Email me at sarah@droppedlollipop.com to place your order by March 17.




Shirt info:

Two color design printed on a blue shirt to match the blue diamond that shows its pretty face every quarter mile on the Wildwood Trail. The horizon line in the design is the trail’s elevation profile.

Cost: $20

Sizes: Men’s or Women’s S-XL. Cut is similar to that of American Apparel and the material is 100% ring spun cotton.

Printer: Inkbrigade – Portland printer dedicated to environmentally friendly practices.

Deadline for orders: March 17. Let me know the size shirt you would like and I’ll place the order and collect payment upon delivery. For those of you who are outside the Portland area, we will make the appropriate individual delivery arrangements.

5 comments:

  1. I'll order one! Women's XL!

    Ok. I get the 32 and I get the 27.3.10.

    What is the 4.32?

    GO SARAH!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hm. 32 for 32. 32.4.32. Sometimes, it takes a moment!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Beth! You're the first (to order, not to figure out the numbers)! Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sign me up for a Men's Med.!
    -michael weaver

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yeah for the another super running accomplishment! Can't wait to tackle the CLR with you this summer. Good luck and sign me up for a WM t-shirt. 32-4-32

    Kim Harrison (Mike Conn's girlfriend)... :)

    ReplyDelete