Saturday, February 6, 2010

How could I not?



Here's the deal:

For my 32nd birthday at the end of March, I will be running 32 miles of trail in Portland's Forest Park.

Now its official.

I've started this blog to make that statement and to let people who are interested follow along.

Now according to my friend C, there is nothing more boring for a non-runner than hearing someone talk about running. I can kind of see her point. So this blog won't be only about running, it will be about many of the things that make up my life in Portland.

However, because I have precisely one month and twenty one days until I run, there may be a slight focus on that for the first few weeks. I hope you'll stick with me.

In case you don't know this already, I love living in Portland. For those of you who have never been here, visit. Portland is a very active smaller city with allot going on. I've heard that it has the highest number of brew pubs, coffee houses, bookstores and strip clubs per person than any other city in the U.S. Not bad.

It just may be high on the list for miles of running trails per person as well. Runner's World Magazine just voted Portland the Number One Running City in the U.S. I'm so proud! And after all the hours I've spent running miles and miles through Forest Park, along the Willamette River, crossing over many of the city's beautiful bridges and hoofing it through the Portland Marathon last October, I fully understand why.

The St. Johns Bridge - the bridge that motivated me to run the Portland Marathon.

3 comments:

  1. Welcome to the blogging community!! Gosh, 32 miles?? I think I would die.

    ReplyDelete
  2. congrats on the blog, butkus- it looks great!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Sarah, Im enjoying the blog but really sad to hear about your strained muscles. At least its happening now, and not during the 32 mile run....hope you are healing nicely. :)
    ALSO! I didnt know there was a ken's artisan bakery, but i live about 4 blocks from kens artisan pizza which is just divine, wanna go sometime? And its cool that you put up splendorporium's link! My director would be so happy!

    ReplyDelete